A meeting was held 23 May 2017 between trustees of WARGM Company
Limited (‘Company’) and WARGM Charitable Foundation Limited (‘Foundation’)at which the Company learned the following:.
* The Foundation will not now proceed with the planning appeal.
* PGL have decided not to pursue this application or appeal.
The Foundation has stated that it is, in effect, starting again on developmentideas, mindful of Council’s reasons for refusal of the PGL scheme Jun 2016, andthe costs of a public inquiry.
We learned that at present there are potential interested parties –
* A similar organisation has shown interest in a somewhat smaller scheme forRGM which would repair and reuse the Cordite Factory.
* PGL now believe they can create a viable smaller scheme.
* In October 2016 WARGM Company submitted to the Foundation
an outline scheme for a business park in the ‘East Flank’ that would repair andreuse the Cordite Factory Buildings and enable retention of all space currentlyused for visitors. The Foundation have stated that they will now consider this.
* It has been suggested that a joint Foundation / Company working
group should be formed to examine options.